Old 10-02-19, 06:24 AM   #781
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLiability53 View Post
Hi

I've been a major military history buff since I could remember, but naval history (past about the mid 17th century anyway) just never really interested me.

I'd played other naval combat sims waaaaay back in the day, then I played Silent Hunter 2 and Destroyer Command. The tactics were a bit beyond my grasp back when I played them. I wasn't used to games where simple reflexes and arcade skill were next to useless, but it fired up my young imagination. Being in essentially a hollow torpedo designed to carry slightly smaller torpedoes while being shot at with torpedoes.... it seemed an utterly insane way to fight a war.

So anyway, long story short, naval history oddly still doesn't interest me very much. The psychology, tactics, and insanity/bravery of the sailors, those stuffed into little metal tubes and those walking on floating metal bullseyes.... that is what I find utterly fascinating.
And yes, I really, really suck at SH5. Worse than I did at SH2. There's obviously a lot of learning to do.
Welcome Aboard

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote