View Single Post
Old 09-22-12, 05:51 PM   #41
Killerfish Games
Cold Waters Developer

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Pacific Fleet is in rough seas and taking a pounding from 1 star reviews due to the crash on load bug for iPad 1st gen, 3GS and iPod Touch users. Despite fixing the bug, we've still got 10-12 days to weather the storm while Apple reviews the update.

Negative reviews are significantly damaging the adoption of the game by players and these next few days may ultimately determine whether the project is able to continue.

For those whom the game works and would like to see the game/series continue I'd encourage you to write reviews on iTunes and post on forums. We need to set the record straight about game and that development is active and working hard at making a great game. (for more info/forum links see the Developer's Page)

For those whom the game currently does not work, I share your frustration as is infuriating to be unable to roll out the fix immediately for you. It is certainly your prerogative to review the game as you see fit but I ask you to take pause and consider whether a temporary bug warrants the potential cessation of the entire project.

The Loose Lips Sinks Devs campaign was inspired by the following review on iTunes (US).

Lets get real *****

by Jmac006 - Version 1.0 - Sep 22, 2012

I normally do not review games, I'm a store mgr at GameStop so I see way to many to bother reviewing, however the dev is getting so screwed by people who can't read and who use old garbage I had to correct this wrong. I almost didn't buy this game because of the reviews, it seemed to work for some other people though and all the bad reviews were only for people who couldn't get it to work so I said, I have an iPhone 4 and its updated so ill try it. I bought it, had no issues. I waited in line all night, got the iPhone 5 and haven't had any issues with the game. The actual game is simple, fun and addictive. It Reminds me of silent service for the old original Nintendo only it actually has more ship options then that did. This is a definite buy Lets get real people, it's not a 100 million dollar aaa title, it's a dollar app, you get way more in entertainment then what you pay, give the game a shot and give the dev Credit for putting this thing together, it's very entertaining. Buy it and enjoy the game
Killerfish Games is offline   Reply With Quote