View Single Post
Old 12-19-06, 10:04 PM   #8
Hylander_1314
Sea Lord

Downloads: 139
Uploads: 0

Kpt. Lehmann,

Just out of curiosity.

I was wondering about the moon's water reflection. On a full moon night, with clear cloudless sky, the moon's reflection when low in the sky should light the water up across the screen. As it rises in the sky, the reflection deminishes, but it should still be brighter than we have.

Is there any way to recreate this effect in the game?

I take my daughter out on the boat nightfishing in the warmer months, and on a clear full moon night, I can bait the hooks on my fishing poles without the need of a lamp, and can clearly see the shore and trees as the moon rises higher in the sky, at a range of 2 miles. This is of course without the benefit of any city lights, as we're out about 40 miles from any concentrated light source. It was the same when Dad used to take me out on Lake Huron, and Superior when I was a youngster.

If it's not possible to recreate, no worry. I just personnally enjoy moonlit nights on the boat still, even 30 years later. Or I've still got excellent night vision.

Thanks in advance for your concideration

P.S.

The inky black low vision is about right for no moon, or very small sliver of the moon.

---------------------

Hylander_1314 is offline   Reply With Quote