iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongovsfuso142 View Post
Any updates on this mod?

Kongo.
Would like to sincerely apologize for no recent screenshots! But be reassured, NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS .... a HUGE HUGE amount of work is going on behind the scenes - the evidence will be out there soon. Many hours are spent as soon as I come home from work.

Recent work also ties into some work for the next SH3 GWX mod, but that's all I can say for now.

I am experimenting with certain features that Playway's UBoat has and SH1 thru SH4 never implemented. But that's all I feel comfortable saying now. Not trying to be coy, but I don't want to let people down if my plan doesn't work.

My methodology at present is this:

1) Brainstorm while working on player subs+AI ships most of the time
2) Experiment with "Reach Goals" for several hours - using S3ditor
3) After verifying it can be done, set aside "Reach Goals" to continue work on the core sim

Thus, the vast majority of work since my last post has been done on core features: player units and AI ships. But maybe 20% of work has been on long-term revamps that will really add to the "wow" factor of the game! They have been verified as feasible but will be introduced as time allows - this prevents feature creep and getting bogged down. Wolves of the Kaiser is, at its heart, about submarines hunting ships!

To use an example, although destructible trains would be nice, I have no intention of getting bogged down creating Silent Hunter - Thomas the Tank Engine Edition. I know how deadly feature creep/digressions can be to these projects; I have no intention of letting it happen. Again, I plan to have people hunting and killing ships with this mod as soon as possible!

Much more news coming soon.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote