View Single Post
Old 02-02-22, 01:22 AM   #4339
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Just... a general query... would it not be doable, to assign a... different color to the lines, so as to be able to differentiate between the sonar line & a radar one... just wondering...

M. M.
I could clarify that a pinch... The FotRSU set-up is 'mostly' Stock, with some TMO - ie: little "boxes" and ship/plane icons to show the enemy, but all of the "lines" used are black, such as Sonar. When you add the "dot" NavMap markers mods in, you get TMO-style targeting. In other words, all lines are still the same color. If however, you add-in "450_MoonlightzSonarLines" mod, you then get full Stock markers and colors. You would then see warships as blue sonar, merchants as black sonar lines, and radar detected as dark green lines, with quick little "blips" as the sweep goes around - but your own radar has to be off to see the detector function, usually. But it can be dangerous to drive around without your radar on... Tracking a radar-carrying target while on the surface at night is usually doable with the APR-1, though the sonar will also show...

I haven't tried it myself yet, but in theory, if you add "450_MoonlightzSonarLines" and then the TMO-style mods on top, it should leave the colored lines, with the "dots".

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
Where should this mod/patch be placed in the order of mods? I'm going to assign it a number based on where it should fall in the order. Should it be the last, or fall after the Nippon set?
It really shouldn't matter what order you put them in, but if doing a new set-up, I would do the patch 2nd, Nippon & Nihon 3rd & 4th, Roster 5th then the rest of your mods, paying particular attention to any mods s7rikeback has edited specifically for Nippon & Nihon, if any of those apply in your situation.

Edit: btw, I forgot to mention again that the use of the Fleetboat Interiors Officer's Quarters mod will negate the C01 link in the conning tower, and disable the RWR functionality. We'll have a "patch" for that in a few days, after further testing there.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 02-02-22 at 10:05 AM. Reason: FIOQ note
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote