View Single Post
Old 11-07-20, 12:10 PM   #2157
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Prise View Post
I'm curious, how come most upgrades cost 0 renown?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Probably, owing to the fact, that the skippers weren't handed a bill, after their boats got upgrades...

All kidding aside, I do believe in that fact.. & the no $ upgrades, just reflect that... would be My best guess...
That is pretty much it. The Stock game does charge for you to get some equipment early, but it is eventually "free" near "historical" dates. TMO and other mods have additional equipment that you can "purchase" throughout a career. Matter of "flavor to taste" (an old Ducimus term).

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
SH4 designers structured upgrades differently than SH3.
so...no cost to renown.

there are many SH3 features that have no effect in SH4:
  • no renown cost for upgrades
  • medals have no effect other than eye-candy
  • Intelligence has no effect
  • Morale has no effect

there are more but you get the picture.
That covers the bases!

Quote:
Originally Posted by les green01 View Post
its on my end i keep loosing connection and cant restart the download again without a fail i even try a download manger
Have you managed to get it yet? We can plan on making a segmented zip for this next release, such that it would be split into a couple-three 7z files that compile back together when extracted. Would that help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH4K View Post
Any chance the ST periscope radar has been fixed?
Depends upon which version you have, and which boat. Everything from the s-18 through the Tambor / Gar seems to function fine. For the boats that are "active" after the start of the war, the ST works, but only after on a "proper" boat award in an "active" time period. I say "proper" in that the ST does not upgrade properly on an early awarded boat. "Stepping" through the equipment might be the problem, similar to what mazzi found with the guns, in that even though a boat never uses the preceding equipment, since the boat is not active until the newer version of the equipment is active, it seems that the lineage has to be "stepped-through" so that upgrades function correctly. I don't know for certain, but the guns definitely do that, from all indications of the current "fixes". We are trying similar with the AA guns & radar and sonar. Testing has not confirmed the others yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Got a question, that is a 2 parter...

This pertains to on the main menu, when you are setting up for a career start... selecting where you start & what fleet. i.e Pac fleet which starts at Pearl. Asiatic, which puts you right in the thick of it at Manila in the Philippines... Then there is.. Pac Div 2 & Asiatic Div 2... what is the difference beyond where the patrols are sanctioned to take place.

Beyond that, where do you start off with port wise..? Or do they also start at the same as Pac fleet & Asiatic fleet (non Div 2)...
FotRSU doesn't use the Div2 designation yet. Those are in TMO for the "SpecOps" assignments, ala "SpyRon".

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote