View Single Post
Old 01-04-22, 01:03 AM   #4186
Woozle
Swabbie

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0

I am unfortunately back here with another bug report. So with the help of propbeanie we've gotten the midway mission for Nautilus working, but another issue has cropped up. I've wound my way into the middle of the Japanese fleet, sighting in on Akagi and fired four torpedos set to go off just under her draft. As soon as one torpedo is about to impact and the little event camera for that appears, the game hard crashes to desktop. It seems the Mark 14 has developed yet another flaw.

At first I thought it was Vickers03s "Sea life" causing the issue as it was warned to cause CTDs but I cleaned out the save game folder and ran the whole campaign again to get into the same situation without that mod installed and still got a crash on torpedo impact. Heres the current mod list for your perusal.

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[Z:\Games\Silent Hunter 4 Gold Edition\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.7
FotRSUv17m_Patch
Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters_FOTRSU_v1.7_EN
CPT_ROOM_CUSTOM_NAME_PLATE
FOTRSU_1.7_SUB_SKINS_IN_4k
BOMmisPatch

I've tried various troubleshooting measures like loading into a campaign and firing at ships in port to see if that detonation causes a crash but it does not! I'm totally at a loss as to what's going on here.