View Single Post
Old 02-15-23, 08:42 PM   #2675
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorch092 View Post
Made an account just to say how much I'm looking forwards to trying this mod! I'm interested to see how Canada will be represented. Keep up the good work!

Also, if you plan on adding them I know a good resource for the WWI-era British skiff dinghies that tended to the Empire's fleet. Not sure if that's useful but could be used as flavour in harbours or something.

Anyways, cheers from Canada!
Thanks for the support, and the information! Maybe I can use it when it's time to model small craft; feel free to link to whatever resource you like.

Re: updates, last night I did more work on light cruisers (Weymouth Class); the model is coming along well. The most well known ship of the class is HMS Falmouth, sunk by a U-Boat in 1916.... I also did more war news messages. I will be continuing the model tonight.

Forgot to mention last week I did a little more work on the playable U-9 (which sank Aboukir/Cressy/Hogue) - obviously, the "Live Bait" sinkings will be one of the single player missions.

Also, the past several days abandon ship+panic state AI ship crew animations were worked on ... not to knock SH5 or Playway's U-Boat but it annoys me how crew in those games stay calm when their ships are sinking. In WOTK, as indicated in some of my past messages, men on sinking ships will run and put on life jackets when a ship is sinking. On top of that you will get real lifeboat launching! Not just the "magic boats" from earlier games. Lifeboats may or may not be launched successfully....before release there will be some flipping over/breaking scenarios added to random boat loadouts.

I believe I have resolved a bug where crew arms/legs would flail around after using time compression.... it was kinda funny but annoying.

Another mini-project will be rust/cosmetic damage to player units. I have noticed that in service KM U-Boats often had issues like bent handrails, chipped hull plates, and of course rust .... wear and tear that looked bad but was not enough to keep a submarine out of service. This will be enabled using a similar S3d Editor enabled animation procedure to lifeboat launching; thus, once you have been out on patrol for a couple weeks your boat will have more and more rust streaks along with twisted grab irons, damaged ladders, and other minor stuff.

More updates to this thread, the facebook page, etc will appear soon.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote