View Single Post
Old 04-30-22, 12:11 PM   #5
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead View Post
I remember often hitting loaded merchants and often a domino effect would take place in those large RSRD where one exploded and set off another, then another. Course you only got credit for the one you hit. Use to try and time when DD's were near them to blow them up when I hit merchants. Sounds like your longer sinking times make it more realistic and fun, but I assume you don't get credit, but least the DD is out of the way.

Ha I remember that, tankers and ammo laden ships made big booms that took out other ships Does not happen as often in TMO now due to formation spacing being changed to reflect real world formations. Have to admit, I jumped in excitement when the DD showed it was damaged by the explosion lol.

Yes longer sinking times make it less likely get credit for the collaterals but it can happen, just depends really. Yes def knocked DD out of the way. Now, this was in a test run. In a career it would not have bagged the DD lol and I would have had to dive and endure depth charging.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote