View Single Post
Old 06-05-23, 11:43 AM   #549
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
I don't understand why the US has to be over there messing around with China, is it absolutely necessary to have an adversary all the time?

Yeah, imagine if China was running huge naval operations 50 miles outside of San Francisco Bay?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-65803311
I agree. What with satellites and listening devices on our rusty but trusty LST Santa Maria, permanently aground in the South China Sea we should ensure and let S.Korea, Phillipines, Japan, and VietNam deal with it (with our 'proxy-style assistance')...with complete understanding that the narrow Bering Strait and the chinkadero concept of "right of innocent passge" is now equally cut off to Sino-intrusion in the Artic Ocean, the demense of US, Canada and Russia. The chinese are of course at liberty to approach by Hudson's Bay! I doubt Bejing will like a page from their own hegemony-playbook being used in return; thus exposing their double standard. I would bet that their 'eternal friendship' Russian partner would not object to one less competitor in its Artic 'backyard'.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote