View Single Post
Old 09-19-11, 12:32 PM   #805
sharkbit
The Old Man

Downloads: 334
Uploads: 0

Recently:
"Panzer Aces II" by Franz Kurowski. Numerous accounts about some well decorated panzer commanders. A little uneven at times, but a couple of the accounts are excellent. The Kindle edition is a pretty piss poor transfer though. A lot of mistakes. I would hope the print version is better.
Definitely made me want to get some of his other "Aces" titles, even if the Kindle versions may be a little iffy.

"Black Edelweiss" by Johannes Voss. A young SS soldiers experience in Finland late in the war. A theater I know very little about. The conditions they fought in were amazing.

Currently:
"Tigers in the Mud" by Otto Carius. About the career of panzer commander Otto Carius. So far, a little meh, but not too bad.

On Deck:
"At Leningrads Gates" by William Lubbeck
And a monster book (896 pages ) "Armegeddon in Stalingrad-September to November 1942" Volume 2 of the Stalingrad trilogy by David M. Glantz.

The above two ought to keep me busy at least through the rest of the year(and probably until spring as well 0.

“Prejudice is blind. There will always be someone who says you aren’t welcome at the table. Stop apologizing for who you are and using all your energy trying to change their minds. Yes, you will lose friends, maybe even family. But you will gain your self-respect. You will know your worth. Once you have that, nothing can stop you.”
sharkbit is offline   Reply With Quote