Old 09-29-12, 07:11 PM   #17
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
That is fantastic!

Love the weathering on that, is it a GP38? With the silver bogies? Just next to what I think is a GP40? My knowledge on US diesels is a bit spotty, so I might just be grasping at wikipedia straws here.

Am I right in thinking that's a Berkshire on the turntable though?
Thanks Oberon.

That is indeed a GP38, High Nose type. It's one of my flea market locos i'm in the process of converting over to Maine Central colors. It's been stripped of it's Santa Fe factory coat. What looks like weathering is just over spray from a coat of paint I put on the inside to keep the lights from shining through.

The green one next to it is a GP7, and yep that is indeed a Berkshire 2-8-4 on the turntable. Just behind it is a maroon F3A and F3B consist with a parts F3 next to it in ATSF colors. Next to that is a GP-38 another flea market loco that is being worked on. The black one next to that is a recent acquisition that is lot like a U-30c but there are some small differences, then another green GP7 which is a matching set with the other one. Just behind that you can make out a couple roadwheels of an old 4-4-0 wood burning steamer. At far right in black with the red stripes is a GE 44 ton switcher.

Not pictured I also have a 4-8-2 Mountain steamer which is the workhorse of the layout.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote