Old 02-27-13, 04:04 PM   #68
Dogfish40
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 827
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Hi DogFish, thank you for your report.

I am also curious to know is someone can confirm the problem pointed by you and putting it in relation with DynEnv.

As I stated in a previous post, the only factor which affects the probability of different weathers (including rain, fog and cloud coverage), is current season.

Stock game features only 5 weather zones: 2 polar bands, north and south (with only 1 winter season), 2 temperate bands (with 4 seasons of equal duration) and 1 tropical band (summer). Having introduced many new weather zones, DynEnv adds more variety to the game, and makes seasonal patterns at different latitudes closer to what one would expect in real life.

The one thing which may affect precipitation's duration (but not their probability, as far as I can understand) is that for most weather zones and seasons, min and max weather change intervals have been sensibly shortened. If SH5 rain had a cycle and required a minum rainy weather duration for rain to actually happen, DynEnv might interfere with this cycle, and reduce indirectly rain probability.

This is only a supposition, but if you want I can prepare a longer weather change intervals patch, for you to check if it will affect positively rain chance
Wow, that would be very cool. Like I mentioned, I still need to install the new version this afternoon (Pac'time). Maybe I should give it a few days test first and see if things change. If they don't, then I'll take you up on your offer and test the patch. Or, you might want to go ahead with the patch and I'll test it regardless. I would love to see if I could increase the amount of rain and /or even storms. I don't think it's feaseble to have 3 months at sea with no rain...lol.
I'll chime in tomorrow anyway with my comments on the upgrade as well.
Thanks Mucho
D40