View Single Post
Old 07-14-22, 03:43 AM   #4
jonny_bass26
Sailor man

Downloads: 23
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
It can be edited via S3D or Timetraveler's tweak program. Iirc, the file needed is torpedo.sim in the library folder.
Somebody correct me if wrong as I'm not at my regular pc.
If you need either of these programs let me know as they're hard to find these days.

Found S3D (for anybody else looking, was easier than I thought it might be, just Google "SH3 S3D" and it's about the third result down), installed it, used it to open the torpedo.sim file...and ran into the brick wall of my own ignorance.
Have successfully identified the type III, under 21: amun_Torpedo, and easily found options to edit the default depth, max dive angle, max turn angle etc. But I can't find anything - on the surface (ahem) at least - that seems to pertain to its range. Booo, etc. So, apologies, but I'm afraid I need to impose on you a little further. Y'know, if that's OK with you ;-)

Am I being a tad dense and missing something obvious, or do I need to be looking somewhere else? Any (more) help gratefully received, as before!

(FWIW, I had a look around at the other "torpedo.xxx" file types - torpedo.zon, for instance, seems to handle min/max damage and damage radius - but no joy.)
jonny_bass26 is offline   Reply With Quote