View Single Post
Old 01-23-14, 05:36 PM   #57
Brodie9666
Swabbie

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Do yourself a favor and buy the DVD version of the game. My Generic Patcher is not compatible with the Steam version of the game. You are totally missing out if you do not have patches of my generic patcher active. I'm assuming this compilation includes a GPS file. That file is to be used with my Generic Patcher (it's a snapshot file that directs the Generic Patcher as to which patches to enable/disable). GPS files make it easy to share with others which patches you have enabled and disabled. They also make it very easy to upgrade to newest version of the Generic Patcher when I release new versions.
I actually had a DVD copy of SH5 originally but seem to have misplaced it. I've looked high and low, but to be honest over the past few years I've found I prefer to get my games via Steam. This is the only occasion where that choice has presented any kind of an issue.

In the instructions on the front page it does make allowances for people who like myself have the Steam version, so I trust it is fully compatible.
Brodie9666 is offline   Reply With Quote