View Single Post
Old 02-03-22, 08:23 AM   #4343
BeondTheGrave
Swabbie

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 0

Quote:
It is not the mod. You do not mention which version of SH4 you have attempted to activate the mod in. You also do not mention what the path is to SH4.exe (ie: C:\Program Files (x86) \Ubisoft \Wolves of the Pacific" etc), nor do you mention if when you installed SH4 whether you installed MS DirectX v9.0c or the Codecs for it. A Steam install will generally "automatically" do that for you, and the Ubisoft install prompts you. The disk install gives you more choices. Post back with that info. If you are getting error messages about black80.tga missing, then you do not have v1.5 of SH4, which is a pre-requisite of FotRSU. Does the Stock game function correctly? Let us know please!
Running the Steam version, with U-Boat missions. Main menu says v1.5 and I do have the German campaign available for selection. The path is A:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific. I didn't intentionally install MS DirectX 9.0, but if you say Steam does that for you then it would have done it for me because I am on steam. I am NOT getting the error message about black80.tga missing, I am getting several unknown error prompts and a prompt about the volumetric fog effect. The literally just say "error! Unknown Error." and "Program. Data/Shaders/VolumetricFog/VolumetricFogPS.fx". Then crash. If someone can direct me to a crash log I'll post it. I do indeed have a file in that location, maybe I should just manually replace it with the one from the mod? I am also using JSGME to install the mod, everything there seems to be working fine though. It created the extras folder and I can see the FotRS splash screen when I load in. I dont have any issues with the stock game, can load in to the 3d view and play the game normally. I am also getting these errors with ONLY the FotRS enabled. No other potential for mod conflicts, because I'm not currently enabling any other mods. I also applied the LAA patch to the SH4.exe, put the game in XP SP3 compatibility mode, disabled DPI scaling, turned off full screen optimizations, and deleted the SH4 save files in MyDocuments.

I tried solving the issue on my own before I posted since I didn't want to waste anyones time, but so far no dice.
BeondTheGrave is offline   Reply With Quote