Old 01-24-21, 04:30 AM   #23
shadow_wxh
Soundman

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 1
cool Totally agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife View Post
Again, not trying to bash creators; just constructive hints for ship design. And I know my own ships have their problems.

Not trying to bash any creators and I am trying to avoid telling their IDs even I knew who made them.And dont worry there isnt many active ship modeller left ,so they wont be looking and it's good time to clear some of the old stock.

The thing about ship modelling is that if it is declared to be a certain ship it has to looks like it.You wouldn't go to a model store and buy a ship model that looks like nobody same thing happen here. Currently almost all ship above 2000 tons in WWII era can be trace back to individual ship so try to moddel compare to a real ship as much as possible.Otherwise declare it is a imaginary unit ,then no one could say much about it.Like this one even I strongly suspecting there is such ship at all I got no solid evidence.
your option to the ship.I think there are some few guide lines to follow even building a imaginary unit.
1. When strench a ship base make sure other dimensions are reasonabley stenched too
2. Make sure kingposts and masts scatter evenly across the deck
3. Avoid using bright colors and skins,the ship will look dull but this is just the fact. The only thing fanncy we could add is the razzle dazzle camouflage - they're doing everything they can to prevent UBoat captains from reconginsing the ship.
4. Logicly make sense: a whale factoy ship needs a chanel to drag the whale up,a merchant raider needs to hind the guns,a flight catapult cant be stationed above a coal hatch
5. Have some general formula to calculate ship's draft displacemnt eng power renown hp etc and make sure those data checked up
6. Last but not least- Just dont copy another ship base completely and make new ship above it,it just doesnt feel right

Last edited by shadow_wxh; 01-24-21 at 05:42 AM.
shadow_wxh is offline   Reply With Quote