Old 08-18-17, 02:50 AM   #8438
palmic
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdd458 View Post
Perfect, thanks!

I was having trouble with a convoy, my distance was the biggest factor in me missing after having replayed it a few times.

While in the end I managed only to manage to hit one ship (a European Liner, 19000 tons), it was still super satisfying!
Distance is mostly not the problem until you are 10km away .
The most important in targeting is target speed, which is also only one factor which you have to get if you are firing to target with 90 AoB, which is easiest way how to hit target.
Here is the theory behind it

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdd458 View Post
What's the best way to determine the speed of an enemy vessel while you are also moving?
That's very difficult thing, i dont know anybody who does it.
There are better ways how to target ship while you are moving.
Check this

My recommendation for newbies to targeting is to stick with Dick o' Kane's technic until you are becoming comfortable in sinking.
You'll get very satisfying outcome very quickly, so there's smallest chance you'l become bored and frustrated.
Its something like sniper shot, you can hit easily very small spot on ship with it since you'll master it.

Then start with simple trigonometry rules like calculating target future distance in moment of fire based on current angle on bow and bearing...

Last edited by palmic; 08-18-17 at 04:13 AM.
palmic is offline   Reply With Quote