Thread: I don't like it
View Single Post
Old 03-22-08, 12:10 PM   #17
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Default I have to admit

That SH3/GWX2/OLC GUI does not take a back seat to SH4UBM in my opinion. I'm doing the training mission for Wolves at War and right now, with that configuration, SH3's interface is better than SH4UBM. It's not enough better to say that one or the other is crap, though, and certainly not the basis of a "UBI SUCKS AND MUST DIE SLOWLY, HORRIBLY AND PAINFULLY" post. I don't characterize the OP as one of those anyway.

Things change. Everybody has a better idea. Just think of all the great books that were ruined when the movie makers couldn't leave well enough alone. The same thing is happening here. Sometimes change doesn't happen to make things better, it just happens for reasons of its own, like the desire to put your name on an interface.

Me? I like keyboard commands. Using the Trigger Maru interface as a starting point, I just change the keyboard layout to do the functions I want and don't really worry about the button bar. But if you want, the button bar is editable too. What's not to like?