View Single Post
Old 10-29-23, 11:21 AM   #13
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

13 February 1942

Burma/Andaman Sea
Amphibious landings at Port Blair have begun. Our covering force destroyed an HDML and a minesweeper prior to the landings.

We lost a Sally and a Betty over Rangoon to flak but hit a cargo ship and the Colombo in port.

We captured Moulmein, destroying 58 squads with just one of ours disabled.

CENTPAC
The bogeys moved north, so we can rule out that they were trying to set up a scoutplane base. They're probably just testing my reaction. Still no classification, but because of the scoutplane activity we can safely say they're cruisers.

SouthPAC
Kirishima and Hiei pounded Efate to little effect.

S-172 took a serious depth charge hit from a minesweeper outside Sydney and is returning to base for repairs.

Sweeps over Noumea took down 4 P-40s, no Zeroes lost.

I screwed up my CAP coverage for the amphibs landing at New Caledonia, and several enemy bombers attempted raids on them without interference. However, the were mostly level bombers, which were as ineffective as always. There were a few Banshees, but they've suffered so much attrition that they could not attack in numbers and were also ineffective.

There are something like 6 enemy subs converging on the landing site. The S-34 was spotted approaching chased off by destroyers.

Java and Banda Sea Area
A Dutch sub picked off yet another cargo ship at Babar; this one was offloading supplies. I'm moving in extra floatplanes to Babar to try to counter the subs.

I made a port strike on Darwin with Nells flying from Koepang but the raid was ineffective due to bad weather.

Sumatra
We're still stuck at Medan with a failed attack today. 18 devices disabled for us, 8 for him. Hopefully the coastal shelling and aerial bombing will get us past him soon.

We've captured Oosthaven and Ketapang (across the strait on Borneo) with minimal resistance and no losses, and our paratroopers once again routed the former base force they're chasing up the southwestern coast.

Philippines
The reduced altitude of my bombers did not result in flak being fired at Bataan. Bringing everyone down for future raids.

I made a deliberate attack, but in spite of the supply shortage I took the worst of it, 354 devices destroyed/disabled to 311. But his losses skewed towards destroyed rather than disabled, and due to his supply shortage he won't be reactivating disabled units that much. We're getting close.

Intel
HMAS Adelaide is reported sunk at Townsville. Very credible report.