Old 10-25-23, 01:09 PM   #6
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

6 February 1942
HMAS Australia, USS Marblehead sunk by IJN Kirishima and Hiei

Burma
Rangoon sweeps result in 1 Oscar and 2 Buffalos going down. The enemy is also bombing an armored column of mine just south of Moulmein, I'll CAP them next turn.

New Britain/Papua New Guinea
The enemy has responded to me pulling a division out of Port Moresby by ordering his former garrison back in. Due to operations on the north end of PNG taking longer than expected, my replacement garrison hasn't arrived yet and is still at least 2 days out. I've pulled a recon squadron out of PM just in case the enemy gets there first. I"ll be having Betties bomb them to try to slow them down, with Anns working their way here from Truk to free up the Betties.

Santa Cruz Islands
I was successful intercepting the bogeys overnight without needing to use the BK. The task force was the CA Australia, CL Marblehead, and a DD. Our task force included the battleships Kirishima and Hiei and we completely overpowered them, scoring BB main battery hits on all of them in the course of 2 engagements. We had 3 DD hit by their DD, resulting in fires and one damaged badly enough that I've ordered it back to Truk for repairs.

Recon flying from Luganville to Nomea reports the base has only about 5000-6000 defenders, plus
13 fighters, 17 bombers, 2 DD, 1 AP, and a sub spotted offshore. I probably don't need both divisions.