View Single Post
Old 07-15-22, 11:27 PM   #596
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

3 March 1943
  • I bombarded Funafuti with the battleships North Carolina and New Mexico and the heavy cruiser San Francisco, causing nearly 300 enemy casualties and severely disrupting the base.
    • 7th USMC regiment came ashore in the chaos and captured the island, eliminating 2 enemy marine units and an aviation support unit.
  • USS Barb torpedoed and sank a PB that was hunting it near Sabang, Sumatra (northwest end of the Strait of Malacca)
  • I've resumed B-26 raids on Babar now that the enemy fighter presence has been reduced/deterred. P-38 sweeps are still flying, but no one is answering.
  • Enemy scoutplanes spotted the British heavy task force, currently handing out west of the enemy that just took Diego Garcia and now appears to be moving on to Male. I don't want to sacrifice this fleet to the KB, but it may be useful if the KB tries to chase these guys west or north.
4 March 1943
  • USS Saury spotted 3 minelayers outbound from the Tokyo area and torpedoed and sank 1 of them. My guess is these guys were headed to the Marshalls to try to cause some attrition as I invade.
  • As the combat in Burma gets closer to the Chinese border, I've had opportunity to get P-40s involved from Chinese bases. Today, a sweep took down 4 Tojos, 3 Oscars, and a Tony while only suffering 1 loss.
  • I expect them to take Addu tomorrow. As of now, we've lost sight of the KB though, which makes me a little nervous. The British fleet is beating feet towards Bombay.

Last edited by Molon Labe; 07-16-22 at 12:41 PM.
Molon Labe is offline   Reply With Quote