Old 11-11-23, 08:24 PM   #32
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

3 March 1942
Australia industry raid

CENTPAC
No luck ambushing Yorktown on the second possible day. She's only a few hexes away now, we've got maybe 2 boats in position and they have a lot of ASW patrols.

SOPAC
With yesterday's sweeps confirming the amount of enemy resistance is low enough to proceed with strategic bombing, I attacked Melbourne with 89 Kates and 90 Vals, targeting "manpower" sites, which yielding 61 hits and a firestorm level of 26946. This earned 320 victory points as the fires damaged/destroyed light industry in the hex. I lost 6 Vals to flak. 9 Kates and 9 Vals went after a small surface task force including 2 cruisers and a destroyer at the adjacent hex, Geelong, the Vals scoring 3 hits on the Achilles and 1 hit on the destroyer Vampire. 7 more Kates peeled off to sink a minesweeper south of the task force.

A Jake flying off a battleship near Noumea claimed a hit on a submarine.

Java
We made an armored attempt on Tjilatjap, reducing fortifications but not taking the base just yet.

China
Yet another attempt on the Nanyang stack. Same result (he's taking way more squad destruction casualties), so it's working for me...just working slowly.

We captured Kukong.