View Single Post
Old 10-04-08, 02:30 PM   #93
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody
Right now I am getting Random CTDs that I haven't figured out. They happen when exiting the 'Promotion' and 'Aces' screens and returning to the Captains Room. They don't happen every time, only randomly so it's difficult to find the problem. I would be happier if it happened every time, at least I would know where to look for the problem.
I don't want to be obvious, but... strip out your changes. There's certain things you've changed, so remove them and see what happens. I know from doing very high res skins that you can load a quick mission multiple times, until one time, the game just doesn't load the skin and the sub is completely black. I put it down to memory allocation problems, as there was no other reason to suddenly not load a texture that I could see - after all it was still there.

A couple of things spring to mind, one is your map that you changed, if that is too large, it may go belly up... try replacing the captain room .dat file with stock and seeing if you still get the crashes. The other thing that loads on going to the captain room is the medals. Try stripping out the medal changes you did for the Japanese meadals and see if you still get the crashes.

There's nothing else I can thing off that you have changed that loads in the captain room. Good luck with it.