View Single Post
Old 04-21-20, 05:35 PM   #1
BradR
Watch

Downloads: 97
Uploads: 0
Default SH2, Destroyer Command Save Bug. Has anyone ever mentioned this?

I've been searching the classic sub sims section to see if this problem has ever been encountered before, but I've not seen anyone mention this problem before.

I've been playing Destroyer Command and Silent Hunter 2 for years now, on several different computers and operating systems. The games, for the most part, work fantastic and I have them heavily custom modded. However, there is a particular problem I've consistently encountered that seems to be inherent in the code, modded or stock. Every time I save a mission in either game, a funny glitch happens upon reloading the mission: the turrets of surface ships sink into the model! This bug makes completing a saved mission both comical and impossible. This forces me to finish my missions all in one sitting, which can literally take all day on my complex, custom missions. Has anyone else ever encountered this bug, and has anyone ever found a solution to this? Is this indeed inherent in the source code, and just a sad reality for this awesome game?
BradR is offline   Reply With Quote