Old 03-12-21, 02:06 PM   #970
dex
Engineer

Downloads: 198
Uploads: 0
Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
@ VDraculaV - that was a problem in OM, maybe in stock, as well as SH3, and I am not aware of a "fix". One of these days, given time constraints of all parties involved with DW, we might get time to look at the issue. One idea is for the player to ignore the grid assignment, and to zoom in on the location of the "Star" icon for the mission assignment, and draw a circle of the given dimensions in the orders you receive (75km, 100km, whatever), and stay within that circle, whether or not it is close to the grid assignment. The "Star" on the NavMap is where the boundaries of that particular mission is located. It is extremely difficult to match the grid to the actual assignment in some areas.

@ dex - No, the issue will remain for now. There might actually be more involved in "fixing" that than there is for what VDraculaV has found with the grid not matching the assignment. It may well be that both are impossible to deal with because of the game itself. The turms are done like a boat upgrade, but since there are very few upgrades available to the boat you start with, the turm upgrades can happen more often. However, with the plethora of possible attached equipment having to match the turm, which has to match the boat, the possibilities of getting it all correct are enormous. Given the amount of boats, turms & equipment in the original OM, in which the turm upgrades did not function correctly, it will take quite a while of sifting through the files to find all of the pieces for each boat and its possible turms. If time ever permits, between all involved with DW, someone of us might get a chance to catalog all of the parts and begin the necessary changes, but in the meantime, the use of OM technique, of which I cannot find any reference to right now, would be only course of action for the player. It involves making a copy of the Save folder information, then starting a new career as close to the same date as possible, then adding the saved career's data into the new career. Most previous information is loast, but the commander's rank and a few other bits of information are retained... KaleunMarco might recall the technique, or if I can find it later, I'll update here.

it's to complicated for me really

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
Turm upgrades, at least the automatically offered upgrades, are offered/applied inconsistently in both the Atlantic and Pacific SH4 modules (yes, there are two code sets).

you can apply turm upgrades manually if you can perform text editing using Notepad or some similar text-only app. Download this set of directions, perform the edits, and you should get your turm.
send me a PM (private message) if you run into a snag.

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=5726

km
dex is offline   Reply With Quote