View Single Post
Old 08-21-22, 06:34 AM   #3
Steve_i400
Swabbie

Downloads: 17
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann View Post
I'll ask our campaign doctor to take a look at them in relation to our next release. (GWX - Knight's Cross edition)

Generally, as I recall without looking, task forces in GWX truck along at rather high speeds to make them difficult to be intercepted by U-boats, and to make torpedo firing solutions difficult. Task forces can certainly scoot down the road much more quickly than merchant convoys. Eight knots actually seems really slow for a task force to me... less than half speed actually.

I don't recall offhand, if they make random zigzags along their plotted courses, as merchant convoys do.

They do not disappear just because you get close in GWX. They do disappear at the end of their programmed sortie.

If you did not get a marking on your navigation map showing their general position at the time of the report, then you received a radio message that is only there for the sake of 'atmosphere' and to help make it feel like you aren't the only U-boat out there on the water.
First of all thank you for this amazing project, I didn't expect you'd respond! Now that I know a new GWX is being developed I might want to add some more details to this potential bug report;

The radio report is 100% real because it shows up on the map as a large task force icon and has a "medium" speed, it also updates every few hours so I was able to calculate it's speed by looking at how far it's moved since the last update and I got a speed of 7.999 knots, so that confirms that they do indeed go 8 knots

As for them disappearing because they reached the end of their path that is not possible because I tried intercepting them in many different places.

In fact no other large enemy task forces seem to be spawning for me except these large 8 knot ghost task forces that I am unable to intercept. (I played through the career 1939-mid1941)
Small destroyer task forces do spawn normally.

Also I should add that this task force moves down the coast and updates every few hours but when I try to intercept it and it "disappears", it stops updating the radio report (it disappears and is no longer updated every few hours) This leads me to believe that it does in fact disappear.
Steve_i400 is offline   Reply With Quote