View Single Post
Old 05-14-12, 10:20 AM   #7
Dogfish40
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 827
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragerin View Post
I'm not sure, that I explain myself correctly... I apologize; English is not my mother-language.

I don't think the accuracy is the problem. I am succesfully hitting targets very far away. And knowing the max range of the different torpedoes definitely helped me yesterday. :-)

My problem is, that sometimes my torpedoes SINK. They have a perfect course to get a hit. They continue, and then suddenly they stop. My crew will call out a miss. When I use the external view to follow the torpedoes, I can see they suddenly stops and sinks to the bottom of the ocean-floor. This happens at different ranges. And not always. And seeing the range-table quink99 posted, it doesn't seem that RANGE or SPEED is the problem.
For example, I tried to fire a torpedo at a ship at around 4000m. When the torpedo reached ~1400m, it stopped and sank. I followed it with my external view and marked the position on the map. I repatedly fired torpedoes on different speeds, all sinking in the same spot.

This is how I can best explain. I hope I am understandable.
Ragerin,
From what I've read, you are absolutely correct. You fish should not be sinking at 1400m ever. This I might add, is a new one. It would appear that you already know about the fish speeds and that the slower they are set, the longer they swim, but at any speed they should swim longer than 1400m. Could these be 'dud' torpedos? Though it still sounds odd for duds to be sinking like that.
You might try posting your mod selection in order as this sounds like some mods have changed some file settings incorrectly, this maybe because of a mod conflict.
After posting your mods, I would try firing with no mods to see if the problem is still there. Then activate the mods by ones or two's until the problem comes back.
Good Luck
D40