View Single Post
Old 12-21-08, 01:17 AM   #51
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Quote:
"The British have Armoured Cruisers and you don't. This means the British have an excellent medium vessel that they aren't afraid to use frequently and it can still kick the ass of all your lighter forces. Armoured Cruisers are also surprisingly durable. I think of all the vessels in the game, they are sunk or even heavily damaged the least. Armoured Cruisers are real Jack of All Trades. They're too small and manueverable to be frequently hit by primaries, yet they are too well defended for your light ships to deal with them."

Really? That's a surprise - I was under the impression that British armored cruisers were basically the red-headed stepchildren of the fleet. What with "Defence", "Warrior", "Black Prince", and several others meeting untimely ends. Is their light weapons fire effective against your ships, or are you mainly getting hit by their primary armament? IIRC one of the big criticisms of UK armored cruisers was how hard it was to work many of their 2ndary batteries in anything but good weather/seastate conditions...

Interesting comments so far. I am thinking about buying it, but I'm wondering how moddable it is compared to SH3. Has anyone checked file structure & graphics yet?

Last edited by iambecomelife; 12-21-08 at 01:28 AM.
iambecomelife is online   Reply With Quote