View Single Post
Old 03-07-21, 03:58 PM   #1274
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Oh yes... A player is sent out from Yokosuka or the Marshalls prior to the outbreak of hostilities, and they then are "liined-up" to intercept any vessels that attempt to get out of the harbor. After a few days of that, some boats went to the west coast and tried to sink some merchant shipping, which most felt was an insult to their bushido spirit, or they shelled shore installations, and then headed for the Marshalls or other locations. The IJN never did figure-out how to utilize their submarines, thankfully, and it wasn't even 1943 yet, and they are ferrying supplies and re-inforcements with submarines. Between the Aleutians and the Solomons, and later New Guinea and other bypassed elements of the IJA, the sub force was stretched. In between those assignments, they would be on picket duty, of which one of their lines off the Marianas (I believe it was), was "rolled-up" in a matter of a couple of days, with only 2 or 3 boats surviving. Most of that was due to strict adherence to radio silence, and the strict adherence to their orders. It is definitely difficult, though not impossible to configure the game to this mentality, but for a potential IJN skipper to score high, ~and~ survive the war, that will be most difficult...

What a terrible but interesting scenario if the Japanese had used their subs properly after pearl harbor, with their subs and fleetboats running all over pacific, a lot of sub v sub action likely, plus us trying to protect convoys in the Atlantic and Pacific, esp in those early years, I am not positive we could have handled it.

I look forward to the mod. I am curious if we have any subsimmers form japan would be willing to record relevant commands in japanese, for immersion.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote