View Single Post
Old 10-05-22, 07:01 PM   #139
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Before the crisis, early 2021, Germany had the highest electricity costs not only in Europe, but the whole industrialized world. The lowest costs had Malta, Croatia and Netherlands, with not even half of the German costs. Denmark however was close behind Germany, around 2-3 cents less.

At present, costs in Germany are in flux, and differ very much depending on the location inside Germany.

I got a raise for electricity costs for the next months and it was around 20-25% more. However, I expect it will not stay that way. Our regional "Stadtwerke" benefit from longterm treaties and power contingents they already bought before the crisis. Once these are eaten up, prices will explode here as well, like in many other cities that have not such treaties or already ran out fo their long term contingents. Some time next year, I expect.

Differences in gas prices are due to the same reason. In extremes, in berlin, some people miust pay around 9-10 times more for gas than before. But that is not the national norm. New customers also get turned into victims, mercilessly.