Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Wreckless View Post
OMG!

Last 2 set ups every shot ran deep. What a waste of 6 torpedoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbar1469 View Post
I hear you brother...
2 misses, 2 duds, 2 under.....
Felt like I was on the wrong side of history...

On the other hand, once fired 6 torps against a huge troop transport, but due to miscalculation and the ship accelerating, only 2 hit the stern, causing it to stop, the other four, passed her and found a sub chaser on the other side. All four hit the chaser (altough the ship was sinking with the first one).
That felt like a movie climax!!
Y'all do... (I hope & trust) realize, that the U.S. submarine fleet, did suffer for the longest time (too d**n bloody long, to be quite frank about it, due to a bunch of morons that were more worried about 'their' precious reputation, power, prestige & finally... pay chit, to acknowledge 'their' screw up, where it pertained to the torps available when the war began, that had NOT actually been tested out in the wild... meaning had extensive field testing, BEFORE they were slapped with a label of... ''reliability''.) with dud torps... that very badly malfunctioned... & even with the number of newer torp, to replace the older ones... the older, which were a bit more on the reliable side, than their newer 'cousins', as it were.

As is, is no telling just how many of those... 'Lost 52', (now cut down, to knowing where some of those are resting... thanks to those involved with the Lost 52 project...) were sunk, due to torps that malfunctioned.

That time, is well modeled in game thanks to modders... (too numerous, to name all here... but, My thanks to them just the same... ) all because Ubi... was too $$$ sign struck, with shoving the game out the pipe & in a bum rush, to feed their greed... to properly do the job right. This, includes a whole lot of things that, are on that list of things that... Ubi, screwed the pooch on.

M. M.

Last edited by Mad Mardigan; 04-08-22 at 02:14 PM.
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote