View Single Post
Old 07-19-20, 07:12 AM   #7
Reemul-ita
Swabbie

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETR3(SS) View Post
So what we have here is the long history of weapon and counter-weapon. Man invents the club, another man invents armor. In this case man created homing torpedoes and another created the countermeasure to spoof those torpedoes. But then, someone got the idea to counter the countermeasure by creating what's known as countermeasure homing. When the torpedo gets to the countermeasure it will turn away and go around it, then continue looking for the true target. The only way to avoid the torpedo was to remain out of it's sensor cone. But, that too, was also countered by wire guidance allowing the firing ship to steer the weapon back towards the intended target.

So the behavior you're seeing in game is accurate to real life.
Well, well. Thanks a lot for your analysis, this sounds really awesome. SO we have a real behaviour of torpedoes but there is a thing that i don't understand and try to explain.

I see enemies, take contact bla bla bla then fire a torpedo, now begin the hunt. I shot enemies, they shot me, i avoid torpedoes and survive for a while. At a certain moment i should have possibility to become invisible, shut off engines, go to 10.000 meters, something. After first shot enemies knows everytime where i am.

SO now: or i'm wrong about submarine war or something is wrong in this game. How could can i become invisible and restart hunt?
Reemul-ita is offline   Reply With Quote