Old 01-06-22, 01:45 PM   #2
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emucrawlers74 View Post
Hi, I recently bought SH4 via steam for 2 bucks but after playing it for a bit ended up buying the cd 'gold edition' with the U boot missions. I do want to mod this. I am unfortunately a bit challenged when it comes to steering a gonkulator and am unsure if i should completely wipe the steam version before i install the cd version. In my ignorant mind i can imagine one version conflicting with the other.

Can anyone help a not too bright bloke find the best way to proceed?

There might be other stuff I should know for the installation and set up stage that isn't covered in that massive post by the Berbster, if anyone has a tip or two it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Lads.
Only way I know of, to cause a conflict, would be to try & install the disc copy to that same folder area where the Steam version is.

That said, can create a destination folder... outside of Window's rabid pit bull, otherwise known of as... UAC keeping it out of UAC's Darth Vader, Vulcan King Kong death grip of dictatorship... & thereby, out of its... fife dom.

In other words, do NOT install the disc copy of SH4 into either of C:\Program files or C:\Program files (x86) & you should be golden.

create in the C: directory a folder... then name that folder, like for example... MyGames then in that folder... tell the disc copy to install there.

Hope that info helps.

M. M.