View Single Post
Old 12-17-21, 06:13 PM   #3
DiTRay
Swabbie

Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0
Icon1 Update

Alright, after many hours of research I was able to solve all issues. Well, kind of...

Firstly, today I accidentally found a patch that fixes the problem with the hotkeys window text. I tried it and it works! Here is the link: http://web.archive.org/web/202112172...9/sh2patch.exe

Secondly, the problem with waves is actually a side effect of a missing weather issue. I'm using a Russian CD version of SH2, which is what causes all that. After a few more hours I found an ISO of the original English SH2. When I installed it, the weather began to work perfectly, even with 1.1 patch. Voila! The hotkeys window is viewed correctly as well.

However, it would be better if I could bring back all these features to the Russian version. I tried to copy Russian translation to the English SH2 installation folder, but as expected it breaks fonts in the game. Looks like the localizer/publisher just broke the weather engine, while making the game to work with Cyrillic letters. Honestly, I've never seen such failure before.

Anyway, if anyone has some thoughts on how to properly fix this issue it would be interesting to read. I hope, this helps someone with the same problem.

Last edited by DiTRay; 01-06-22 at 05:51 PM.
DiTRay is offline   Reply With Quote