Old 06-23-10, 12:26 AM   #10
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by naights View Post
Hi:

W-clear, I have some problems with the tiling (conning tower), I mean the mapping of texture is not very well done (Ubisoft dont now what is thinking), detailed textures are trully hard to mix them, even stock texture have some serious problems.

Going to put some images, because my English is very limited and cant explain correctly:

Here is one texture I designed, apparently no problems.
Looks good too.

Quote:
This is the other side, the texture starts repeating in "bad" place (not the best one), as you can see he overplaces some part of the texture too...

Good" normal mapping for example will be in medium of the conning tower, something like this.
Using Goblin Editor is a fast way to see changes but because many graphics effects are missing, you should only use it as a object location refference. To see actual render, view in game.
The Starboard side or Right side is the first side rendered but since the towers have additional structure on the Port side or left side. Your skins should be modeled to match the Port side. This may also help with the texture overlap problem.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire

Last edited by TheBeast; 06-23-10 at 09:51 AM.
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote