View Single Post
Old 03-10-11, 03:59 PM   #24
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Thanks Sky, I will probably go for 4 then because IIRC it's on about 99 dollars at the moment whereas 5 is over 100.

I just found this on simhq and I had to post it:

Quote:
from -- http://riseofflight.com/Blogs/post/2011/03/04/Some-details-about-the-new-d0a1areer-Mode.aspx

• Covers 700 days of the Great War. More days may be added if we build planes from even earlier in the war.
  • Continued promotion through the ranks.
  • Changing Weather with Seasonal Textures (Summer, Autumn and Winter).
  • New Titles and Awards.
  • More than 15 different types of missions.
  • New types of gameplay, such as adjusting artillery fire or photo reconnaissance, with new interactive elements and equipment such a wireless radio and/or camera added to your plane. You can also watch real-time changes in the world based on the results of your actions such as corrected artillery fire.
  • A higher level of interactivity and randomness during missions, for example, flying close to an enemy's airfield could trigger enemy fighters to intercept you.
  • Combines your personal statistics, events and achievements with real history.
  • Interactive map of hostilities with information about current operations at the front and the location of various units and squadrons.
  • Historically correct squadron’s location and re-locations.
  • Historically correct automatic mission completion by A.I. pilots in missions not involving the player using a new technique we developed.
  • Historically correct awards and conditions for awards.
  • Realistic calendar of European Weather
  • Virtual "Newspaper", depicting timely events at the front, new inventions in science and technology, and list of important aces published on a regular basis.
  • All virtual A.I. squadron mates have their own names, grow in rank and abilities, go the hospital if needed and receive awards for their actions.
  • Ability to meet historic allied or enemy aces in combat situations. If you kill a famous enemy ace he will not re-appear and his kill total will stop in the press.
  • Ability to be transferred to another squadron with promotion in rank.
  • Realistic attrition of personnel and material in your squadron.
  • Repair of damaged aircraft and hospitalization of wounded pilots.
  • Ability to use a custom paintjob after 5 kills.
  • Opportunity to become a squadron commander and plan missions.
  • Planning includes the selection of pilots and aircrafts, which will participate in your flight.
  • Editing a route: choice of range, move waypoints, a height indicator, buildings types, speeds and altitudes.
  • Many new villages, town and industrial areas added to the map along with windsocks at airfields.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote