View Single Post
Old 08-13-09, 10:43 AM   #293
Catherine Barton
VIP

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Uncle Zeb says, "DRIVE!"

Uncle Zeb was an encourager. He helped instill courage in me and others.
I had to relocate to Phoenix, AZ from Jackson, MS mid life all by myself with little money, no contacts, no help.
I was nervous about driving by myself from MS to AZ. This was in 1994. No cell phone or GPS, just a map. I told Uncle Zeb my concerns. He barked at me and said in a very firm voice," DRIVE!". I said," I do not know if I can do it". He said," DRIVE!". I drove.
That trip turned out to be good for me.
I had a flat tire and before I could get out of the car, a trucker with an 18 wheeler was at my window asking if I needed him to fix my flat. He did and followed me to a truck stop and oversaw the repair and guided me back to the Interstate. He would take no money. Inside his cab was a pregnant girl he had picked up. She was about due, had little money and was trying to get to California to family to help her. I said to him, "Since you will not take the money, will you give her money for food?". I think about that trucker now and then. I hope he has many blessings coming his way.
Had not Uncle Zeb encouraged me I maybe would not have made it to Arizona where I live today.
Thank you, Uncle Zeb, for all you did for me.
Catherine Barton is offline   Reply With Quote