View Single Post
Old 01-17-18, 02:55 PM   #4
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Downloads: 370
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
Update, after doing some boring research I've found out that win7 is not compatible with a 7th generation cpu, I've gone and ordered the exact same parts that are in my desktop PC so she won't have any reason to accuse me of foisting even more shoddy goods on to her.
Hi Moonlight

This may be to much of a hassle for you but if you want to save a bit of cash you could do a free upgrade on your old system from W7 to W10

The GWX Upgrade Tool Control Panel ended in 2016 but the tools themselves still work and you would still end up with a Valid Digital License

You would need to be quick as MS are stopping that too, I'm not sure when

You could then clone the OS to your new PC ( there are a few ways of doing that ). I've not tried it myself but it should work in theory.

I'm assuming that having a ASUS LGA 1151 STRIX Z270E GAMING Intel Z270 ATX Motherboard you are using new build for Gaming. you don't mention a dedicated GPU in your list . What do you intend to use?

There are also other much cheaper options for your MB and still have a Z270 Chipset or even the new Z370 So called "Gaming" motherboards offer really poor bang per buck compared to other components. Unless you want flashing LEDs and slots for 4 GPUs
I personally think investing in decent GPU, PSU , RAM or to a lesser degree an SSD or Case Fans is a wise choice, Building a new system is all about spending your hard earned cash on right components at the right cost

Simon
Attached Images
File Type: gif animated-union-jack-01.gif (7.2 KB, 28 views)