Thread: New PC build
View Single Post
Old 01-14-18, 06:19 PM   #1
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 0

Default New PC build

Her indoors has just informed me that her laptops not working anymore and it's also got a cracked screen. So my spare laptop is now in her possession and she's bloody complaining that win7s on it and she wants her win10 back up and running, grrrrrr. She's also decided that my desktop machine would be much better for her as they are more robust than these flimsy toy laptops I've been foisting upon her, (she wanted one of the bloody things) grrrrrr bloody women.

So I got my miniscule brain into gear and looked in the PC spares cupboard for the parts I'm gonna need, lo and behold I've got nearly everything I need to do an old rebuild for her but I'm three things short for my almost brand new re-build. These 3 parts below are what I've been looking at from amazon for £651.40, so I just happened to mention the price of them to her and she replied it's all my fault for buying her a shoddy laptop in the first place, grrrrr. You can't win against Bloody women's logic like she's got.

Intel i7-7700K Quad Core 4.2GHz LGA1151 HD 630 8MB Intel HD Graphics Cache 91W TDP CPU Processor

ASUS LGA 1151 STRIX Z270E GAMING Intel Z270 ATX Motherboard - Black

Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2x8 GB) DDR4 3000 MHz C15 XMP 2.0 High Performance Desktop Memory Kit - Black

A slight problem though, I did read somewhere that Intel and Microsnot had got their heads together and certain motherboards and CPUs would not entertain the installing of Win7 upon them, I was just wondering if any of you more knowledgeable brain boxes could confirm that and would I be able to install my Win7 pro upon this new system, any help will be appreciated, even if it's no help at all.