View Single Post
Old 10-16-10, 07:48 PM   #16
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa View Post
Yet another version, the one I have is the Superbit made directors cut. Sadly it doesn't have any extra featuers, but for a regular dvd (not HD) the picture quality is subperb and great audio tracks. I've seen some of the new blue ray ones, and while they're picture quality is better they still manage to cut out some scenes here and there enough to detract me from wanting to buy it - one version for example when Jurgen steps onto the boat for the first time and addresses the crew he just says something to the effect of, "how are you men" and they all reply. Then it cuts to the chief telling Werner, "good speach eh".
Sailor Steve can probably confirm this but IIRC the only version that has that bit where the LI says "good speech" is the original theatrical release.

I've got the "regular" Director's Cut, the Superbit Director's Cut, and the Uncut versions and I've never seen it in any of them so I'm pretty sure that when they recut the film for those re-releases the LI's comment on der Alte's little speech got left out.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote