View Single Post
Old 09-15-13, 12:25 PM   #85
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
3. Then damage wont be saved after reload , looks like guns can be repaired even when they reach 0HP...
Okay, then you could experiment with the ObjectRemains controller for filling the empty space left on deck by destroyed guns.

When an object is set to destructible, this controller can be set to replace the removed object with another one. In the past I have messed a bit with it, but with no success. See this post and following for further detail.

For testing purposes, you could assign the controller to the deckgun, making it to point to a totally different object. If you will manage to get the controller working, I will prepare dummy copies of the guns (meshes without controllers).

Alternatively you could follow my previous suggestion, and you could use two different boxes for each gun: one for the main model, set to undestructible, and one for the barrel, set to destructible. When barrel's or gun base's HPs will reach 0, the barrel will be removed (hopefully causing a permanent damage), but not the mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Repair skill is by default set to 2, digit before the last one, right?
yes, second from the last
gap is offline   Reply With Quote