View Single Post
Old 09-04-21, 09:55 AM   #3816
hughesjr
Watch

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
i used a hybrid of SH_Keymapper and a text editor.
SH_keymapper should be in the d/l forum here. if not, and you want to try it, send me a PM.

just to cut the process short, make a backup copy of Commands.cfg (just in case) or create a personal MOD folder for this change.

use a text editor such as Notepad, open Commands.cfg, find this command, and then paste line containing the KEY0. if there is MNID line, just leave it unchanged. all you need to add is the KEY0.
to execute during the game, press "r". lower case works despite the upper case in the command line.

[Cmd130]
Name=Get_depth_under_sub_keel
Ctxt=1
Key0=0x52,C,"R"
Thank you. I grabbed SH_keymapper and I was able to assign the command to a key that is not currently used in the FOTRS mod (there are not a lot of them) .. in this case I used NumPad 5 .. and it ended up like this:

[Cmd130]
Name=Get_depth_under_sub_keel
Ctxt=1
Key0=0x65,,"NPad 5"
MnID=0x3F250005

This seems to be working fine and it also works with my in use VoiceAttack Profile .. though I do not have it in the one I uploaded for the stock FOTRS mod as it requires a modification to the Commands.cfg file.

My next learning event .. to see if I can figure out how shSpeech passes in direct rudder and course numbers so I could add that functionality to a VoiceAttack Profile. I see that they use an excel spreadsheet to hold the data, etc. In any event, this works perfectly. Thanks.
hughesjr is offline   Reply With Quote