View Single Post
Old 02-28-22, 04:56 PM   #614
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by merc4ulfate View Post
I have two issues. One is ... all of a sudden subsim is all in German with white backgrounds and yellow fonts. Hard to read LOL.

The second is I was patrolling around the Marshall islands (first patrol with the mod set) and came across a Mutsuki in a storm and let lose with the deck gun in the dark and rain to try to sink it. Don't bother if you find one. It took all but around ten shells to sink it. Fun but not worth the hassle.

Found a merchant later on only to get close enough to rub paint, fire everything I had only to have magnetic detonators go off prematurely and suddenly found myself in the middle of a convoy my sonar man didn't tell me was there.

In my surface escape I past between two DD who were bow on to each other I didn't see in the dark and they let me have have 64% hull damage but I dove and made my escape.

I let the mod run for 8 hours and on my next encounter with a Mutsuki the game locked up the Pc when I got hit by one of its shells.

I like this mod a lot.

This is fun.

See propbeanie's explanation to change it back to preferred language. lol

lol well...submarines were not great gun platforms so accuracy is not always strong suit in the sim either. I've improved it but not making them snipers. DD's while vulnerable to torpedoes and big gun fun, hold up fairly well to small gunfire from a submarine unless get some lucky hits on critical spots. Ducimus., TMO's creator did his best to make a mod that discourages cowboy gun fighting with surface combatants unless out of desperation in self defense and I've tried to keep it that way. Deck gun is meant for small vessels not worth torpedoes, to finish off crippled vessels, or for self defense.

Now, due to my adding the ability to do night surface attacks (torpedoes), with darker nights and changes to visual sensors of the enemy, prob a little easier, they are not as hawkeyed and sniper like as before, but still deadly and tough to sink by gunfire.

Hull damage at 64? Ouch. I would have went home lol, can't dive very deep after (for example a Gato with that much hull damage, could not even safely dive to its test depth of 300 feet, hull would collapse from pressure) that and one close depth charge will end it all.

Hate to hear to hear about SH 4 locking up. That means it froze yes? or CTD(Crash to Desktop) ?

I have not had that happen before when hit by enemy gunfire or heard of it with the mod but it can happen, even if a one time thing.

Make sure have LAA (Large Address Aware) properly enabled so SH 4 can use the maximum memory it needs, esp with mods.

Make sure have mod properly installed per the README.

If have any additional mods that overwrite or make changes to TMO Update, not listed in the README, this could be a unintended consequence.

IF the game is a saved game you have reloaded, make sure NOT to overwrite the file when make a save, but to save it as a fresh file and delete the other after.

Make sure that the mod was installed on a clean install of SH 4, and not added to a previously existing career as this can cause instability and other problems

Glad you are enjoying the mod, let us know how it next patrol goes.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote