View Single Post
Old 12-05-21, 11:58 AM   #55
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

When FB renamed itself to Meta some weeks , soon after that they seem to have announced (I missed it) that they want to get rid of the enforced FB account for Oculus users. In Germany, several lawcases are runnign against them due to several violations of German and European laws that forbid doing so, the EU also runs two cases against FB over this issue. I mean against Meta. Hach, to hell with it, its Facebook no matter how much psychobabble and glossy advert-talking they do.

That is nice news if true, it may happen early next year and would allow me to stay with my Rift beyond end of next year. My system now is four years old and by the end of next year would be five years, and actually I am not craving for anything new and more powerful performance, it still runs smooth and stable and gets all done that I throw at it. I have just invested in a midlife extension update and migrated my secondary HD with all the games on it via Macrium rEflect to a new HD twice as big and being new, and I would not oppose the idea to stay with this system for several more years to come. When I finally one day get a new one, Windows 11 birthing issues hopefully have been dealt with, and the more serious later-coming issues already have shown up to make my boring life more interesting again.

Still, will not recommend never again no more to buy no Oculus not. Technically they might be good and I was satisfied with my Rift (until recently the earphones stopped working and I must use external ones), but I absolutely dispise the Zuckerberg corporation and its customer hostile policies.