View Single Post
Old 11-14-06, 09:10 PM   #6
AG124
Sea Lord

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

@ bookworm_020 & Captain Nemo

No, that is not the book I read, unless that is a different cover. (I have also seen that Lusitania drawing many times before, mainly in books, but also in one of the Naked Gun movies with Leslie Neilson on his character's bedroom wall for some reason). The ship on the cover of the book I was talking about wasn't sinking, and appeared abandoned and rusty. Thanks anyway.

EDIT - After searching on Amazon, and reading some of the reviews, I am beginning to think that this is it after all. Except the version I read was an older edition (this is a lot newer- 1999) and had the better-looking cover which I described.:hmm:

@ KevinB

I am familiar with Berlitz, and actually own a copy of that book.

I also own the Devil's Triangle (by Richard Winer), but it is actually about the Bermuda Triangle and not the area off of Japan - the author believes that the term Devil's Triangle is more appropriate because of the geographical loaction of the area in question (not actually connected to Bermuda, I think).

Thanks anyway, but since these two books are sitting right there on my shelf, they are certainly not the lost one I am searching for.

@ Grayback

That's just about par with his works on the Bermuda Triangle - in addition to reporting inaccurate myths and complete lies (the British freighter SS Cyclops didn't mysteriously disappear in 1941 like the USS Cyclops - she was torpedoed by U-123 but Berlitz seems to think otherwise) he wanders off talking about Atlantis and UFO's - supposedly, this is to explain the disappearances, but he seems to go a little too far off track at times. Not a good book.

DOWNLOAD GWX HERE:
http://www.thegreywolves.com/index.html
AG124 is offline   Reply With Quote