View Single Post
Old 12-07-23, 11:06 AM   #68
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

8 April 1942
KB breaks contact as it displaces to the east; significant Oscar losses over Cochin

CENTPAC
Having detected the KB northwest of Pago Pago yesterday, today my opponent evacuated Pago--right into some submarines I'd positioned for this contingency. One ship caught was the APD Whipple, thought to have already been sunk by a torpedo hit a few days ago. We finished her off with two hits. The same sub was then run over by an undamaged destroyer that was able to prosecute her with some success, scoring a solid depth charge pattern hit for moderate damage. I somewhat reluctantly ordered that sub to RTB for repairs.

The KB is moving off to the east rather than make a move on Pago just yet. Enemy scoutplanes did not spot the KB this turn.

Solomon Sea
The KVII's campaign against my barges continued, with another 2 barges sunk by gunfire. The troops we landed at Gasmata successfully took the base from the Lark battalion elements.

SOPAC
The I-18 torpedoed a large tanker off the southeastern Australian coast, setting it ablaze and almost certainly sinking it.

China
We're wearing down the enemy's Hudsons a bit at Sian. One more shot down this turn, several more sent home full of holes, no damage to our ground forces.

Bay of Bengal
We splashed 3 Audax light bombers trying to bomb our troops advancing on Colombo.

But the bad news is that the enemy fighter force at Cochin is apparently the real deal, as they repeated their early success against our sweeps as they did a few days ago, but without allowing us to bounce back later in the day. We lost 7 Oscars and a Zero while shooting down just 3 Hurricanes.

Our tank regiments have captured Jafna, the base on our right flank. We still have enemy troops in that area.

Reinforcements
Yokohama Ku S-1 arrives at Yokohama/Yokosuka - recently withdrawn Zero squadron re-forming.