Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

7 January 1944
Battle for Bangkok's airspace tilts in our favor
Jolo and Cagayan captured

Philippines and surrounding seas
USS Maskallunge was spotted by a Kaibokan off the east coast of Luzon and hit with one depth charge pattern before it escaped.

Air raids:
Cagayan (ground forces): 182 casualties

Jolo was captured, we destroyed 2 Tonies and 2 Dinahs on the ground in the process. Cagayan as well fell to our advancing ground forces, so that will soon be my main airbase on Mindanao.

I've noticed Manila is home to a lot of tankers. Seems like a bad place to leave them, so I'll be happy to take them off his hands. Recon of Manila and Clark airbase shows a substantial enemy fighter and bomber presence in Manila only, but not more than the Yankee Butai can handle, especially with help from land-based fighters in Jolo and Cotabo. One slight problem, though, there are 2 subs hanging out near Jolo that the CVBG would have to move past to get in range. So I'm going to hold off attacking Manila for at least a day while assigning 2 DD from the Yankee Butai to detach and prosecute those subs.

Burma and Thailand
With the enemy CVBG gone, my air campaign against Bangkok resumed. I sent three sweeps over Bangkok, one squadron each of P-51s, P-47s, and P-38s. We shot down 9 Tonies and 15 Georges while losing 3 P-51s, 2 P-47s and 3 P-38s. Not bad. Those losses are heavy enough to significantly degrade Bangkok as a fighter base.

Air raids:
Pisanuloke (ground forces) 45 casualties

We captured Rahaeng with an opposed river crossing. Casualties 3520 to 257 favoring us.

DEI
Air raids:
Koepang (ground forces) 34 casualties
Kendari (ground forces and port): no hits, 1 B-25 shot down by flak
Babdeldoab (airbase): 2 hits

Reinforcements
BB New Jersey arrives at Balboa
DE Spangler arrives at Eastern USA

Last edited by Molon Labe; 03-12-23 at 07:30 PM.
Molon Labe is offline   Reply With Quote