Old 07-19-13, 06:18 AM   #4388
Gryffon300
Engineer

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0
Default Possible Solution and a bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_vino_vomitus View Post
That's interesting. I have a clean version installed, so I'll try with that and see what happens. I don't look forward to choosing between screenshots and a mod I like though.

Maybe you're getting too many hits. Have you thought about handicapping yourself in some way?
Ok Vino (and other interested parties).

Re screenshot hangs; freezes and hang-ups; CTDs and unopenable BMP files: I have a possible work-around that adds another side-benefit.

I was looking for a utility that would work on Windows 7 (or 8) as well as my older XP that would easily and automatically close down background applications, processes and services and, importantly, be easy to switch them back on again when finished gaming. The idea is to reduce CPU and memory drag from background junk while you are playing, improving all round performance. Found one (thanks TorpX! - and Rockin Robbins!).

Seems to do everything I want, PLUS (and here is the kicker) it has both an image and video capture functionality! Ctrl-Alt-P for picture drops a nice little jpg into a SEPARATE folder (no more messing around in the game folder to retrieve! (Bonus!). So far, I like what I'm seeing. Worth a try. (Video hangs sometimes, but I'm not so fussed anyway.) I don't know if its permitted to link to it here, but I'm sure someone will advise if not...

http://www.razerzone.com/gamebooster

Good luck

Gryff

PS, as for handicapping myself, that's really not necessary - I find I am quite demented enough as is, thank you very much, and anything extra would be superfluous.
Gryffon300 is offline   Reply With Quote