View Single Post
Old 12-20-09, 06:32 AM   #804
-GrayOwl-
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sertore View Post
Hi LoBlo, I confirm. The RA database is not password protected, just few little updates to personalise few files in the database set, to let DWedit not able to manage the new files format. Obviously there are some methods to get the data overtaking the blocks but it will be not necessary in few weeks, at the releasing of the new RA update due to the declaration by russian modders to remove the protections and open the database at all.

BTW, someone knows any rumor on possible updates on doctrines related to torpedo search and efficiency in the new RA 1.1 (I mainly mean SUBROC, but even other foretaste will be appreciated)?
Victor I and II mine weapons:

PMR-2 & PMT-1 Mine complex
PMT-1 Mine Complex with Torpedo payload.
ASW/ASuW Capability
Length: 7.8 m (25.6 ft)
Diameter: 533 mm. (21 in)
Weight: 1.7 tons
Effective Depths: 200 - 400 m (656 - 1312 ft)
Range: 3 nmi after leaving the tube (For game purpose)
Payload: MGT-1 torpedo. 28 kts/6000 m (6562 yd); depth 400 m (1312ft); 80 kg TNT.
Passive Acoustic channel fuze for both device. 1500 m.Max detectable Capability.

PMR-2 Mine Complex with rocket-mine payload.
ASW Capability
Length: 6 (19.68 ft)
Diameter: 533 mm. (21 in)
Weight: 1.7 tons
Effective Depths: 50 - 600 m (164 - 1968 ft)
Range: 4 nmi after leaving the tube (For game purpose)
Passive Acoustic channel fuze.
Payload:Rocket-mine.
Speed: - 156 kts (288 km/h);
Range: 600 m (656 yd);
Warhead: 350 kg "Sea Mix" Explosive.
Fuze: Contact Detonator

NOTE : In the 1960s, basically new active mine systems, i.e. wide-band rocket-assisted mines and mine-torpedoes were developed. Mines not only retain advantages over other underwater weapons, but have acquired a new capability to attack remote targets within a relatively short time and with all elements of surprise.
The first active mine systems came into service with the Navy in the early 1970s. They were represented by the PMR-2 antisubmarine rocket-assisted mine, which is unrivaled in the world, and the PMK-1 mine system (the export version of the PMR-2 system), which was basically a combination of a moored mine and a fast underwater automatically targeted rocket, as well as the PMT-1 antisubmarine mine-torpedo (the export version of the PMK-2 system) - a combination of a moored mine and a small antisubmarine homing torpedo. The caliber of the PMK-2 weapon is 533 mm and its length is not more than 6 m. The distinguishing feature of these systems is that though they are basically active mines, they attack targets themselves. The equipment of these mine systems detects and classifies an underwater target, determines its course and running depth, optimizes the target intercept trajectory and generates a command to launch either a rocket, which runs at a speed of about 80 m/s, or torpedo.
The warheads (rockets or torpedoes) are accommodated in sealed launchers planted at great depths. There are no effective countermeasures against them today. Operation of the target detection, classification and dynamic parameter determination systems is based on acoustic principles.